Printers have many essential parts and pieces that make them highly valuable tools for many industries. However, each material is critical and can affect the printer’s performance; that is why companies like Allison Systems Corporation offer several types of doctor blades, including plastic blades for smoother, easier ink control. Ultimately taking care of the printer is the most important thing that matters in terms of making it last a long time. Plastic materials are usually softer and not as sharp as steel, which makes plastic blades less dangerous when being removed from the press.
There are a few tips you can follow to make sure everything is in working order:
- Follow Manufacturer Guidelines for Proper Maintenance Care
- Make sure Doctor Blades are Clean, Undamaged, and Installed in an Undamaged Chamber
- Select the Proper Chamber, Ensuring it’s the Right Size and Well Maintained
Cleaning your steel or plastic blades and chambers are essential to proper maintenance, but it might be better to replace parts altogether over time. That is why having a reliable resource to find the equipment and parts you need is critical to making sure your printer stays in good working order. Contact Allison Systems Corporation for more information on their products and services.
When it comes to Doctor Blades, knowing which ones suit your printer can make a huge difference in its printing quality. That’s why companies like Allison Systems Corporation provide a vast inventory of sizes and materials so you can find the best end seals for flexo printing. Make sure your flexographic printer gets only the highest quality replacement parts to ensure you get the most from your printer.
Given the unique shape of the flexo printer, getting the right shape and size end seals are essential to ensure everything is working properly. There are ten crucial things to remember about these products:
- When ordering end seals for flexo printing, make sure they are made of a material compatible with the type of ink or coating being used, the length of the run, and the press speed.
- Several new flexo end seals come with coatings and multiple material combinations (two-part and three-part).
- It’s crucial to know that not all felts are created equal.
- Foam end seals are still a top-rated and cost-effective solution.
- Flexo end seal materials can come with different durometers or compression ratios.
- A good seal design for a proper fit is vital to minimize chamber leaking from gaps.
- When installing, make sure your seals are not too tight to cause distortion when put into the chamber.
- The condition of the anilox roll can also play a big role in chamber leaks.
- Doctor blades that are too short or too long can be another source of leaks.
- Many new chambers come with specially molded rubber seals.
Contact Allison Systems Corporation today for more information about their products and services.